Potato Bread

"Chris Dalrymple" <chrisdd@bellsouth.net>
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:01:07 -0500
v102.n027.1
I tried the recipe using dried potato flakes that someone posted last week
or the week before. It was a big hit with my daughter and her friends. I
did have a problem, though. I have the same trouble every time I've made
potato bread. Everything is chugging along in the mixer, the dough is
almost perfectly kneaded, and then the dough breaks down into a gloppy
mess. I end up tossing in LOTS more flour and knead it just until it's
incorporated for fear that it will break down again. Is this normal for
potato bread? Is there a technique I need to know about when using potatoes
in bread dough?

Thanks, Chris