Re: Oatmeal Bourbon Bread

Howard Larson <hblarson@core.com>
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:59:50 -0500
v102.n026.9
 >From: "Helen & Peter Frati" <frati183@blazenetme.net>
 >Subject: Oatmeal Bourbon Bread from: Oh so long ago.....
 >Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:00:06 -0400
 >
 >Just printed out two recipes from the bread-baker's archives/digests.
 >The first is Oatmeal Bourbon Bread.  There is just ingredients listed.
 >This is probably for a bread machine.  The second recipe is for
 >Rosemary Garlic Bread.  Again, only ingredients.
 >I do not own a bread machine.
 >Can these recipes be made by conventional methods?
 >Thanks,
 >Helen

On the Oatmeal Bourbon:  I think it could be made using conventional
methods.  The hydration is about 63% which should be easy to handle. It
looks like the method is to blend all the dry ingredients then add the warm
water.  Blending the dry yeast with the other dry ingredients allows use of
warmer water--in the range of 120 F to 130 F.

On the Rosemary Garlic:  I could not find it in the referenced book. The
hydration is a little too high (77%) for easy handling so I think I would
start with a little less water--about 1 cup-- and work up until the dough
feels right.

Howard Larson
--
mailto:hblarson@core.com