Kitchen Aid mixers

"rachaellohr" <rachaellohr@email.msn.com>
Thu, 16 May 2002 20:06:55 -0500
v102.n021.10
"vicki & john" <j.ireland@attbi.com>  wrote:

 > I'm thinking of just buying one of those Kitchen Aid mixers. If
 > anybody's used those with great success in bread making, I'd love
 > to hear about it.

and

Lobo <lobo119@att.net> wrote:

 > I have one and love it.  I mix everything mixable in it, including
 > meat loaf.  For 1 loaf of bread, it works just fine.  More than that
 > starts crawling up beater shaft.

I have to defend the Kitchen Aid.  Got mine last November and my husband
can't believe I haven't worn it out yet!  I enjoy mixing everything too,
but have a different experience from Lobo on the "number of loaves" issue
(maybe when you say the "beater shaft" you're using the paddle - switch to
the dough hook to knead any bread).  I can go up to 6 cups flour plus
miscellaneous liquid and stuff (which is easily 2 loaves in any size pan!)
and sure - it crawls up some, but spray the collar of your dough hook with
Pam (or any spray oil) and it won't jump up over the collar.  I wouldn't
give it up for the world (especially for the bagels my son seems to consume
by the gross - that dough is stiff enough that trying to do it by hand
would be more of a workout than I'm looking for - I have the 525 watt
professional and it works slick!).  Try making home-made mayonaise in a
Kitchen Aid (think garlic aoili) - ambrosia if there ever was any!

PS - I don't work for them - just adore my mixer ... Enjoy!

Rachael Lohr