KitchenAid/Other mixers

AH <loihi@hawaii.rr.com>
Tue, 07 May 2002 15:28:00 -1000
v102.n020.6
Hi everyone, I'm new to this list and am glad I caught this conversation. I
do have a bread machine and it's been great (started me on the road to
making freshly baked bread-in oven & in the machine), but have recently
been considering a mixer for larger loads. I saw a Kitchenaid (350 watts,5
quart $250), but have heard about the motors burning up. I'd use it for
larger baches of bread dough, probably up to twelve cups, whole wheat,etc.
I have heard of the Magic Mill mixer and recently I've heard of the Bosch
and one that is made by the Whisper Mill company, the Dimension 2000 Mixer
(lifetime warranty). I do like the price of the Kitchenaid but not if it'll
burn up with regular use. I'd love to hear any of your experiences with
these mixers. Thanks in advance!

Aloha,
Audrey