Re: Madeleine Pan

"Ivana Bjelac" <ivana.bjelac@zg.hinet.hr>
Mon, 6 May 2002 14:34:57 +0200
v102.n020.2
On 28 Apr 2002 at 0:41, Kathleen Ladesic
<kathleenladesic@yahoo.com>  wrote:

 > Does anyone have any other recipes other than the traditional that can
 > be made in a Madeleine pan?  I've heard of using them for alternate
 > batters but have been unsuccessful in my search.

Since not many of the list members are continental Europeans, I thought one
middle-European recipe might be intersting.

Here in Croatia (Europe) we are using those shell-shaped pans, but we call
the baked 'result'  "bear paws". The traditional dough is prepared with
lard (pork fat), but I use butter instead.

Bear Paws

350 grams flour
200 gram lard
200 gram sugar
1 egg
120 gram almonds (finely grated)
cinamon powder
cloves

Knead all ingredients in a smooth dough (lloks like pie-crust dough).
Grease each mold with butter.
Press into each mold (shell-pan) as much dough to fill it up.
Arrange shell-pans on a shallow tin and bake at 230 C for 15 minutes.
Remove from pans immediately and coat with powder sugar.

Note:
The same dough can be pressed into and baked in the muffin pan.

Ivana

--
     ** Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.**
Tel: 385 1 3392-689                               ivana.bjelac@zg.hinet.hr