Pizza Sauce

Claire E Kranz Banasiak <cekb@juno.com>
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:52:49 -0500
v102.n011.16
This is the pizza sauce I make for my pizza, whether I bake in the oven or
on the grill.  It is not too sweet.  My family does not like sweet pizza sauce.

3 cloves garlic, chopped
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
2 - 3 T olive oil
1 can (28oz) whole, peeled, plum tomatoes, with basil (San Marzano if you
can find them)
1 tsp oregano

Put olive oil in sauce pan, add garlic and pepper flakes, and pinch of
salt.  Saute until garlic is golden but not brown.  Mean while remove seeds
from tomatoes, save juice.  When garlic is ready add tomatoes and juice to
pan.  Add 1 tsp oregano.  If you have an immersion blender use to  puree
tomatoes and garlic, otherwise put in blender and puree until smooth.  Let
mixture cook 20 to 30 minutes.  Check for sweetness and salt.  If adding
sugar let cook another 10 minutes.  Let cool before using.  Enjoy.