Pizza dough

LDavis47@aol.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 23:11:49 EST
v102.n009.20
Re. SamC's question about pizza dough.

This recipe has worked great for me, and my kids and wife, who are very
critical, love it. It makes a very crackly crust that puffs up around the
outside, and has a wonderful rich taste.

16 oz (4 c) white flour
1 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp of filtered water
                 or water that has been boiled previously
1/2 tsp yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt

Use dough or pizza setting or kneed for 10 minutes.
Place in sealed container with some expansion room.
Ferment for 1 hr at room temp (65 F in my house).
Then retard in the refrigerator overnight until 2 hours before serving.
Take out of refrigerator and let warm to room temp for 1 hr.
Remove from container onto a floured surface and cut into 2 pieces.
Let rest 10 - 15 minutes, flour the dough and pat into a circle.
Use the back of your fists to stretch dough, but work fast because the
dough will stretch easily.
Place on your pizza pan (about 14 inch, makes what most people call a
medium, I also spray the center of the pan with very little oil).
Preheat oven to 450 F and place the rack on the lowest possible area.
Put the fixings on one pizza and pop into the oven while stretching out and
placing the fixings on the second pizza. (You can also freeze the second
one at any step if desired)
Bake for 7 - 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool on a rack for 5
minutes before cutting and serving to prevent from getting soggy.

Lloyd Davis