Sourdough Problem

"Jerry Ulett" <jerryulett@hotmail.com>
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 14:44:08 -0800
v102.n006.14
I baked two 1-1/2 pound loaves of sourdough bread yesterday, using an Ed
Wood recipe and San Francisco Sourdough starter. The flavor was
outstanding, but the loaves, which were raised and baked in a dual Italian
bread pan (Chicago Metallic) with perforations, did not produce the kind of
texture which I expected. First, they did not raise to the extent which I
expected. Perhaps the dough was too dry. Second, although the crust was
outstanding, there was a section on the side which tended to open up,
rather than crust over. I made cuts in the unbaked crust just before baking
them. Does anyone have any advice forme?

Jerry Ulett

A perfect gentleman: "An accordianist who doesn't play."  W.C. Fields