KA Mixers

"Amy A. Smereck" <aasmereck@mindspring.com>
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:38:26 -0500
v102.n005.21
Dear Melissa,
I noticed that the white coating was wearing off my paddle too.  My mixer
is two years old (and out of warranty).  When I called the 800 number on my
booklet, the rep referred me to my manual which showed a paddle height
adjustment screw which could be turned to raise the paddle up and thus keep
it from rubbing against the bowl and wearing off the enamel.  How annoyed I
was that I could not lay into someone about this but should have paid more
attention to the manual from the beginning.

I raised my mixer head up quite a bit (probably more than necessary) and
have peace of mind now that my family is not ingesting enamel fragments.
The rep said I could order a new paddle for $14.95 (plus shipping, I imagine).

Sometime I have to call them about the squeak it makes at med-high speed.
Was it caused by the added friction on the paddle?  Does it just need some oil?

Amy Smereck