KA Mixers

"Mike Avery" <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:32:51 -0700
v102.n005.1
On 25 Jan 2002 at 20:58, bread-bakers-
sender@lists.bread-bakers.co wrote:

 > I have been following the posts on the KA mixers and wondered if
 > anyone else has had a similar problem. I got my KA almost 13 years ago
 > when I got married and now the coating on the mixing paddle is coming
 > off. My mixing paddle and dough hook are both coated in white paint or
 > some other coating to match the mixer color (I guess). Has anyone else
 > had this happen? Is it time to find a new mixer? Should I contact KA
 > about the problem? Any suggestions appreciated.

The dough hook and paddle are enameled.  And the
purpose of the enamel is to reduce the surface
irregularities in the implements to make cleaning easier.
If the beater is smoother, less will stick to it.

Since the beater and dough hook are interchangeable, I
am quite sure that you can buy replacements.  Either at
your local KitchenAid dealer, or at websites.  Do a
search for "kitchenaid k45 replacement beater" at
bizrate or storerunner, I suspect you'll find a lot of
'em.

In any case, I don't think this is a reason to replace the
mixer, unless you are unhappy with the mixer for other
reasons.  Personally, my beater and dough hook look new,
despite being older than yours, and despite heavy use.

Mike