brown and serve

Jack Elliott <edieell@worldnet.att.net>
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 11:16:08 -0500
v102.n001.16
I hope this information will be of benefit to you, Jeff, and other
interested bakers..

The following is from Sister Schubert's "Secret Bread Recipes" :

To Bake rolls:  Prepare rolls according to recipe, baking only 8 to 10
minutes or just until rolls begin to brown.  Remove rolls from oven, and
let cool completely on wire racks.

To freeze rolls:  Place each pan of cooled rolls in a food storage and
freezer bag with a twist tie or in a large zip-top freezer bag.  Seal
bags.  Place pans in a single layer in freezer until frozen.

To reheat frozen rolls:  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Remove pan from
freezer bag, and cover pan loosely with aluminium foil.  Place pan on
center rack of oven, and bake 20 minutes.  Uncover and bake 10 to 15
additional minutes or until lightly browned.

To reheat thawed rolls:  Allow rolls to thaw in the freezer bag in the
refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Remove
pan from bag and place pan, uncovered, on center rack of oven.  Bake 15 to
20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Unquote

          I do not have any information on brown and serve loaves.