[no subject]

Rita Owen <owenr@charter.net>
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 08:25:32 -0700
v101.n050.6
I have lurked here for several months and really enjoy the recipes.
Recently I have come upon a problem that I can not solve. I had my
originial sourdough starter that I use to make my German rye bread for 2 or
3 years. One day when I got ready to bake, I pulled the starter out of the
fridge and it had mold on top of it and smelled horribly. I went ahead and
made a new batch of starter. Then 4 months later the same thing happened.
Made another batch and sure enough last night when I took the starter out
it had gone bad again. (about 3 months). Can anyone tell me what the
problem might be?

Thanks,

Rita