Old fashioned bread "pails"

"Margaret Cope" <mcope@connriver.net>
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 08:55:42 -0400
v101.n049.8
I have one pail that was used in my husband's grandparents home about 75
years ago ... proper Bostonians who had help ... and another one I found in
an "antique" store about 30 years ago.  I used both very successfully when
I made 6-8 loaves at a time.  Also the annual Holiday Stollen.  Your
discussion has peaked my interest again and I will experiment with it again
to see if the output is as good as the results I get with my old powerhouse
KA and dough hook.  I make two loaves at a time.  I disagree that the
effort is more than kneading large amounts of dough.  I do not use the
clamp but usually set it on a towel in the sink to get the appropriate leverage.