Jalapeno Cheese Bread

Marie Lim <marie.lim@idsnet.com>
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:41:34 -0700
v101.n044.8
Hi,

I emailed Dave Crissman's question to a pepper type person and here are his
suggestions:

-----------
The first thing that comes to my mind is using some hotter peppers, which
may not disturb the balance of moisture, etc as much as just doubling the
jalapenos.  Serrano may be a good choice, or one of the Thai chiles.
Perhaps use half jalapeno and half serrano/thai for an initial try.  The
seriously masochistic may try a scotch bonnet (e.g., habenero) - but perhaps
a mix of 1/4 bonnet and 3/4 jalapeno to total the amount the recipe states.
Wear gloves (the cheap latex kind are ok) when stemming and slicing fresh
peppers of that hotness

Hope that this is useful,
Marie