Question About Kitchenaid Mixer

"Carolyn Ranker" <c.ranker@worldnet.att.net>
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:21:25 -0400
v101.n043.7
Hello,

Have been a lurker for a few weeks and now have a question.  I love making
breads and usually use my bread machine to do the kneading.  However, there
are times I love to knead the dough myself.  I need a new big mixer and I
hear from a friend/chef that Kitchenaid is the best for everything,
including bread kneading.  However, looking at some past comments in the
archives, I wonder if the Kitchenaid is the best bet.  What are some of the
best stand mixers you use for kneading?  If you do use a Kitchenaid, what
model is best?  How many watts should it have?

Thanks for such a wonderful list.
Carolyn in WV