Sam's "stuff"

RCox45@aol.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 06:35:26 EDT
v101.n041.8
I'm another pleased user of Sam's Bread Flour.  I package it in empty
"Schwan's" Ice  Cream tubs and put a couple of bay leaves on the top.  I've
used it for years and never had a problem.  (be sure to take the bay leaves
out when dipping flour.... they make a disgusting loaf of bread when you
forget!)  I also use the vacuum packed yeast from Sam's.  I "did the math"
and used it accordingly, but couldn't tell any difference when I just
measured it as it says in the recipes, so, save your self the trouble and
just use it like regular yeast.

For the lady in Scotland whose friends were having trouble with timed
bakes. My machine has specific instructions to begin with the liquids and
end the ingredients by making a small indentation in the top of the flour
and putting the yeas there.... not letting it touch liquids.  Also, I got
another (I think ) great tip from the book from Barnes and Noble that was
recommended here.  They suggested adding the liquids, then the flour, then
putting the salt, sugar, and butter in 3 separate corners of the pan and
then making the indentation or well in the center for the yeast.  I tried
it and it made the best looking loaf I've ever gotten from my machine.  I
did a timed bake too! So, that might be worth a try!

Cheryl