Re: Message#2 -- V101.n037.2

"David Kenny" <dpkenny@earthlink.net>
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 00:14:36 -0500
v101.n039.13
With regard to the previous question about grain mills for the KitchenAid
mixers.  My aunt, who participates in this list by my forwardings to her,
had this to say:

Message #2=.v101.n037.2 Asking about grain mills for a KA. I have used a
friend's stand alone grinder to grind about 100 # of flour. I didn't find it
all that useful. However, I now grind small portions of wheat berries that
are frozen in my coffee grinder or vita mix blender. Since the problem with
grinding is losing the nutrition from excessive heat build up, I reasoned
that starting 50+ degrees cooler would help. It did. I can get a finer grind
with a flour that stays cooler and seems to enliven my dough more than the
other. My hypothesis is, I'm keeping more of the natural wild yeasts as well
as the nutrition. Good luck.