Archives; new bread machine

Alexgejp@aol.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:13:21 EDT
v101.n037.14
To Reggie and Jeff - thanks to you and your predecessors for your combined
efforts in establishing and maintaining the bread digest archives.  I have
begun reading the archives from the beginning in 1990 and am having SO much
fun.

I was amazed to learn that the List was begun for bread machine users, which
explains why many postings have been about bread machines.  However, I must
say that this has in no way diminished my enjoyment in reading the digests
since I learned about it a couple of years ago.

My husband has been trying to talk me into a bread machine for several years
but since he had already bought me a KitchenAid mixer, I always refused.  I
have finally agreed to a bread machine (Breadman Ultimate) and after four
loaves, it is fast becoming my most prized possession (a category formerly
held by my KitchenAid).  My grandson was a little disappointed in me for
getting a machine and I explained it to him this way.  When I was very young,
my Mother washed clothes by hand, then my Dad bought her a wringer washing
machine, which she thought was the greatest invention ever, until he bought
her an automatic washing machine so that all she had to do was put in the
clothes and soap and turn it on.  Making bread is basically the same - first
I was making bread totally by hand, which was difficult when working with
stiff doughs, then my husband bought me a KitchenAid mixer, which I thought
was the greatest invention ever.  Now with the purchase of a bread machine
all I have to do in put in the ingredients, mash a couple of buttons and turn
it on.  Same analogy.   PLUS the bread from the machine comes out just the
way we like it, even better than before.  The crow that I have been eating
for the past couple of weeks has even tasted good.  I wish I had done this a
long time ago.

So, I want to thank each and every subscriber who has written to the List who
had a hand in convincing me that a bread machine is a good thing.  Now I just
hope my husband doesn't divorce me since my nose is always either on the
Internet in the Bread Digest Archives or in a bread machine cookbook.

Happy baking,

Joy Alexander