the ultimate sandwich bread

"linda grande" <lgrande99@hotmail.com>
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:19:33 +0000
v101.n037.3
I got the following recipe through a friend on another list.
It turned out to be just about the best loaf of bread I've ever made.
I've been searching for years for a flavorful, light and fluffy, yet
substantial loaf, and this is it!  I made the dough in my bread machine,
then baked it off in my oven because I prefer a regular loaf shape and the
softer crust that comes out of my conventional oven.
I hope you'll try the recipe, I guarantee you'll love it!

Ultimate Sandwich Bread
=======================

   1 Cup Water
   2 Tbsps Oil
   1 3/4 Cups Bread Flour
   1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
   1/3 Cup Rye Flour
   2 Tbsps vital wheat gluten
   3 Tbsps Sugar
   1 tsp Salt
   2 tsps Yeast

Place all ingredients in your bread machines in the order specified by the
manufacturer.  Select 'basic' or 'white' cycle.

(I baked this at 375 F for 35 minutes.)