puffy pizza dough

Bob dempsey <rdempsey@dialaccess.com>
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 21:03:08 -0500
v101.n033.4
We make our own pizza dough, and use a variety of recipes - foccia style,
thin crust, and most recently, a very yummy one from the KA catalog.  Now,
long ago, we learned it was better to bake the dough for a few minutes,
take out and then top.  But usually, when we do this, the dough puffs up
quite a bit.  The last one we did basically came out like a basketball!
  Normally, in the past, I have sliced open the dough to make it go flat,
then top and bake.  Now I realize that is probably letting in some of the
moisture that effects the dough when we bake it, somewhat defeating the
pre-bake.

Is there some trick to baking it so that it doesn't puff up?  Any
suggestions appreciated!