bread boxes

"Linda Grande" <LGrande@koin.com>
Mon, 07 May 2001 12:53:11 -0500
v101.n025.9
In reference to the post by Easyquilt who wrote:
"I have a wooden bread box that I have turned into a file because the
bread  molds after 2 days. It doesn't matter what time of year or even
whether it  is wrapped or unwrapped bread.  I gave up trying to keep the
bread in it.  I have heard that metal ones work better, but I have never
looked into it.  Anyone have one?"

My sense of this is that it usually has more to do with where one lives
rather than the material that the box is made from.  My experience from
living in central Florida many years ago is that pretty much anything'd
mold after two days.  Didn't really matter what it was. You didn't say
where it is that you live. Personally I freeze all my bread that we won't
be using within a day or two.  Where I live, it doesn't mold, but it would
be stale; and it freshens (thaws) in just a few minutes.