Pan Dulces

Jeremy Olson-Shelton <ftuba@sprintmail.com>
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:06:45 -0500
v101.n018.11
My mother is Mexican.  She taught me to cook all sorts of foods but she
never made pan dulces (Mexican sweet breads).  We used to get pan dulces at
the local Mexican bakery.  In my opinion there is nothing like them. The
only kind I know how to make is Pan de Muertos, which I make every November
for el Dia de los Muertos.  Does anyone out there know how to make any
other pan dulces.  We just moved to Jacksonville, Florida and I haven't
found any Mexican bakeries out here.  I don't want my children to miss out
on one of my favorite childhood Sunday afternoon rituals, eating that
delicious bread.  I would appreciate any recipes anyone has.  I am open to
being emailed directly also at ftuba@sprintmail.com.

Thank You.
Alison