Breadman Bread Machine and Beth Hensperger's Book

"Ken and Mary Ann Vaughan" <kvaughan@ptialaska.net>
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:21:09 -0900
v101.n011.17
The family gave me a Breadman Ultra bread machine to replace a somewhat
noisy one of another brand --

I was doing OK with it, but had not explored most of the features --

Then I go an opportunity to get Beth Hensperger's book "The Bread Lover
Bread Machine Cookbook".  This is the book that should be packaged with the
Breadman machine.

Besides a good selection of breads sized to fit up to the 2 pound size,
there are recipes and ideas for quick breads to use the quick bread cycle,
pasta doughs for that cycle, and just plain doughs.  She offeres jams for
the jam cycle, but I have not gone there yet.

If you have one of the big machines with lots of cycles, this is a good book
to start with -- it will not replace others but the banana bread is worth
letting bananas get fully ripe --  3 tries and all successes (except I add
either cinnamon or sweet baking spice blend to match family tastes)

Ken -- from Southeast Alaska where the snow is falling, but the days gaining
5 minutes of sun each day now.