Buyer Beware & QVC question

ehgf@primenet.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:46:15 +0800
v101.n006.21
Hi all,

Was sorry to hear of Judy's problem with King Arthur's Pullman pan. It is
not an inexpensive item so it is a shame that it doesn't work properly. I
was reminded of a pullman bread I made years ago in which the instructions
told you to put your dough in a loaf pan, place a baking sheet on top and
weigh it down with a brick. It seemed to work well and didn't require any
extra equipment. I do think, however, that the key to making this loaf is
using just the right amount of dough in your pan. If anyone has experience
with "Pain de Mie", maybe they can share some tips.

I bought a Misto with a gift certificate shortly after they came out. It
didn't work worth a darn from the get-go. I stopped trying to use it and
have come to rely on the convenience of Pam when I need a spritz of oil. It
was a learning experience and reminded me not to believe the hype on every
new cooking product.

Thanks Reggie for letting us know about Lora. Am I correct in assuming that
the stated time for her appearance on QVC is EST ? [[ Yes, EST. - Reggie ]]

Ellen aka Gormay