Looking for a particular recipe

"Lauren Maslin" <LMaslin@fast.net>
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:57:07 -0500
v101.n001.7
I've been trying to find a recipe for rolls like the ones they serve at
Bertucci's restaurant.  This is a chain, but I'm not sure how widespread
they are, so I'll do my best to describe them.  They are soft and very dense
inside.  The bread is very smooth with a fine texture.  They're not airy or
spongy like most rolls, but more like a bagel or a denser pizza crust.  The
outside is hard, smooth and crusty.  I've tried various roll recipes with no
luck, so I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.  I'm
wondering if it's more than the ingredients that count, perhaps they need to
be baked a specific way?  Maybe they use a particular type of flour?  A mix
with semolina is supposed to make a very dense bread, but I'm not sure what
to try.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.