Cranberry bread

"Griffin Software" <gunks33@hotmail.com>
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:42:02 -0600
v100.n077.12
Cranberry Orange Loaf
Makes a great gift during the holidays!

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Grated rind of one orange
1 1/2 cups sliced cranberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup orange juice
Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir in
orange rind, cranberries, and nuts. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and egg with electric mixer until
smooth. Blend in orange juice. Stir in flour mixture, stirring until just
combined.
Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from
pan. Cool on wire rack. Wrap tightly to store.
Makes 1 loaf.

I live in Mexico and we can't buy fresh or frozen cranberries down here.  We
do have canned ones.  So what I did in this recipe was just subtituted one
can of whole berry Cranberry Sauce for the sliced fresh Cranberries. (I
didn't do the Orange zest either)  It came out surprisingly good.  I am
going to keep the recipe and make it often in the future.

I download the original from www.cooksRecipes.Com and they have about 8
other bread/muffin recipes with cranberries.