Refreshing your sourdough starter.

TheGuamTarheels@webtv.net (The Ol' Tarheel)
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:24:47 -0500 (EST)
v100.n076.12
This is for Don Thacker:  When your recipe calls for refreshed starter
it means starter that has been fed after you have removed it from the
refrigerator.  For example, I take my starter out of the fridge, stir it
up, and place it in the oven with the light on for two hours to bring
the temperature up.  Then I "feed" it with flour and water and allow it
to "work" for about five hours at room temperature.  Feeding it is the
same as refereshing it, so your one cup of refreshed starter is starter
that has been "fed" and then allowed to "work." If you have any
questions, please feel free to contact me either through the digest or
personally.
           Bob the Tarheel Baker