Vaccumwave & Air Around Bread

"Joni Repasch" <jrepasch@infi.net>
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:22:28 -0700
v100.n059.14
Cindy wrote in 100-058 concerning a new item to retard the mold in bread
... a real problem I've been having this summer. No Cindy, I've never heard
of this bread keeper.....At $79.00 it better be darm good. Where can one do
research on this product?

As to air around bread, I bought a bread keeper from King Arthur Flours
(KAF) some months ago. It's plastic and it expands to place several small
loaves or one really big loaf within it's body. It also has holes in it to
allow air to circulate. However, my breads have been molding very quickly
this summer. It's been so cool in the DC area that I've had my A/C off more
than on. The down side to the cool weather is it's been raining almost
every few days and even when it isn't the humidity is extremely high, thus
the mold on the bread. However, even when I turn the A/C on the bread seems
to go bad quickly.  And yes, for those who have asked, you do need more
flour on these humid days when preparing bread.

A friend of mine was telling me about a Tupperware bread keeper that is
supposed to be air-tight and good for keeping bread fresh for a long period.
I haven't seen this product but plan to attend my first Tupperware party in
20 years. Will let you know what I think of this gadget. May buy one just
for the heck of it. It's got to be cheaper than $79.00. LOL.

joni