KA Special For Machines Flour

Nancy Silver <nancy@pilgrim.com>
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:44:14 -0400
v100.n059.8
Sherri wrote: "Trader Joe's moved to my area last year, and I finally have
a reliable, local, and very inexpensive source for KA's regular and
white-wheat flours (Trader's also stocks Bread Machine flour, but as I
don't have a bread machine, I don't buy it)."

I'm a big fan of King Arthur's flours and, as I live in MA, the shipping
isn't too bad, so I mail order the Sir Lancelot flour for pizza dough and
purchase the  Special for Machines flour at my local supermarket for bread.

Please note that King Arthur for Machines flour is not just for Bread
Machines (which I do not own).  It's appropriate for any mechanical way of
kneading dough such as the standing mixer or food processor (which I now
use almost  exclusively). You do not knead, whoops, NEED to own a bread
machine to use this wonderful flour.  However it is not suitable for hand
kneading, as I understand it.

- Nancy