Summer Loaf

Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:56:08 -0700
v100.n057.17
Jeff and I went to Portland, OR for Summer Loaf.  We had a wonderful
time.  Lots to see, eat and experience.  Met a list member, Ellen aka
Gourmet, who is an extremely interesting person and baker.  She came all
the way from AZ to attend Summer Loaf for the 2nd year.

We attended some of the Hearthside Chats and they were very
educational.  Plus the breads that were made in the oven were excellent!!

Jeff and I walked around, ate, chatted and met new and old friends.  Good
to see Michael Zusman, one of the people who works so very hard to make
Summer Loaf happen, again.  Wonderful experience.  We added some new bakers
to the list as well as Amy Scherber, author of Amy's Breads.

The get together for bbd folks was supposed to be in front of Bob's Red
Mill at the end of the festival ... Peter Reinhart, Maggie Glezer, Amy
Scherber, Jeff and I showed up.  We had a very interesting chat.  Jeff held
up the sign Maggie made up for us but no other list members showed up.  I
hope everyone was in Carol Field's class or enjoying the festival.

Reggie & Jeff