strawberry bread

Robin91783@aol.com
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 23:26:50 EDT
v100.n046.7
Strawberries seem relatively cheap to me this year and I _love_ them....I
thought somebody else might like this recipe  for strawberry bread, it's
out of a paper that closed up a long time ago, I have no author to credit....

Strawberry bread

makes 1 loaf

2 cups sliced strawberries
2 eggs
3/4 cups oil
1 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon

preheat oven to 325 degrees

Puree strawberries in a food processor or blended; set aside. Beat together
the eggs and oil. In a separate bowl , combine the sugar, flour, baking
soda and cinnamon. add the egg and oil mixture to the dry ingredients and
mix well. Blend in the strawberries. Pour into a greased and floured loaf
pan. Bake approximately 50 minutes or until done. Cool on a rack in the pan
for a few minutes, then turn loaf out of pan to cool completely before slicing.

this is a very nice breakfast type of bread, say instead of muffins..

Robin