Za'atar available online

"Paige Everhart" <Paige_Everhart@rge.com>
Fri, 26 May 2000 09:59:58 -0400
v100.n045.10
Joni posted a recipe for Za'atar Flatbread and pointed out that za'atar
seasoning might be difficult to find in some areas.  (Za'atar itself is a
particular type of thyme, I believe.)

Penzey's Spices (www.penzeys.com or 800-741-7787) has zatar/zahtar/za'atar
seasoning (a blend of sumac, thyme, sesame, and salt).  $2.39 for a 1.25
oz. jar which is equivalent to the approx. 1.5" high small supermarket jar,
$4.89 for the taller (approx. 4") jar.  And bags up to 16 oz. if you want
*lots* of za'atar.

I've ordered lots of spices from Penzey's and have never been
disappointed.  Terrific quality and actually LESS expensive than
supermarket prices in many, if not most, cases except for having to pay
shipping and handling.  Do what I do -- put an order together with a friend
and split the costs!

Paige Everhart
Rochester, NY