More about mixers

"Vikki Haffenden" <thehaffendens@cwcom.net>
Wed, 17 May 2000 21:56:31 +0100
v100.n042.4
I just wish to add my little bit to the "Mixer debate".  I am the proud
owner of two early original Kenwood "Chef" mixers complete with "K" beater,
whisk and dough hook and the original opaque glass bowls, glass liquidiser
goblets, mincer and bean slicer accessories all in original boxes.  One
mixer is black and cream the other is red and cream.
They were made in the late 1950s I believe and are still going strong..  I
use them for bread, large cake mixes, christmas puddings etc and the
liquidisers for soup.  I paid pennies for them at jumble sales and love them
dearly. I value them not just because I could never afford a new Kenwood or
a Kitchen Aid but because they have more style and charm and give off a
wonderful hot oily machine smell when they run!  I know one would have been
enough for my needs but when I saw the black and cream one sitting looking
unloved I HAD to save it.  We bought it whilst on holiday and spent the rest
of the time away with it resting in the rear footwell of the car rattling
gently under our luggage.  My husband thought me very sad for buying such a
souvenir!