Kitchen Aid Opinion

Robin91783@aol.com
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:53:34 EDT
v100.n040.12
In a message dated 4/30/00 3:02:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bread-bakers-errors@lists.best.com writes:

 > I got my K5-A (no SS) mixer in March 1974 and have used
 >  it well ever since, for breads of all kinds, cakes, cookies, etc.  This
unit
 >  is the 5 quart size with tilt back head.  My children are long out of the
 >  house but it still gets more than a once-weekly workout and has never had
 >  be repaired.

I got mine about 8 years ago, I believe it was made by Hobart at that time &
I use it at least twice a week, if not more, for cakes, mashed potatos, pizza
dough (yes, I do have a ZO, too)  & except when I'm making about 3 batches of
12 cup bread dough (a double recipe) back to back, I never have any problem
with it - and even with that workout, the most that happens is that it gets
hot to the touch.....I let it cool down for a half an hour or so & it's
fine....
_but_ mine's an older one & not made by the same manufacturer...
If I were to advise somebody about getting a mixer, I would tell them to look
at what they will be using it for & figure accordingly - most folks I know
could probably get by with a hand mixer, but for most folks on this group,
using it for bread dough, I'd say get the most power/wattage that you can
afford - it's not economy if you burn out your "cheap" stand mixer every 6
months or so & got to replace it )that's how I ended up with a KitchenAid, cos
I did that several times til my hubby said "look, get  a KitchenAid - you'll
use it")...
just my humble opinion...
Robin