Rye Bread

"Margaret Cope" <mcope@connriver.net>
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:43:39 -0400
v100.n038.8
Months ago a recipe for caraway rye appeared in the newsletter and I don't
have the time to go through the archives (which I do find confusing).
Question:  What was the pre-baking "coating" ?  I remember it involved
cornstarch and was very good.  Since that time I immediately print-out
recipes and file them in a 3 ring binder marked BREAD.

I have adapted a Cook's Illustrated caraway rye bread recipe substituting
KA clear flour for some of the bread flour and also baking it in loaf pans.
  It is superb...even if I do say so.  If anyone is interested I will post it.

By the way the KA hard rolls which appeared several months ago in the KA
catalog are wonderful.  I also made rye rolls using the same procedure with
my rye recipe.  Shades of breakfast in Wiesbaden Germany!