Re: Digest bread-bakers.v100.n033

SloSherri@aol.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:43:48 EDT
v100.n035.21
In a message dated 04/15/2000 4:38:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bread-bakers-errors@lists.best.com writes:

<< Does anyone (or has anyone) subscribe to King Arthur's "The Baking Sheet"
  newsletter??  Any comments good or bad about the newsletter?  Would you
  recommend it to others? >>

I've subscribed for about seven years, and just love it.  It can sometimes be
quite esoteric, with lengthy discussions about the science of baking.  I
really enjoy understanding why things happen.  The recipes are good, and I've
picked up many over the years that are definitely part of my standard
repertoire!  I say for the cost of one year's subscription ($20 or $24, I
can't remember which), it is definitely worth trying out!  There is no
advertising, either, so it resembles Cook's Illustrated, which is another
magazine to which I subscribe, and which I enjoy greatly.

Sherri