Summer Loaf 2000

"Michael C. Zusman" <mczkaz@teleport.com>
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 09:30:21 -0700
v100.n031.24
Bread Bakers and Fellow Travellers:

The United States' premier celebration of
bread--Summer Loaf 2000--is scheduled for
Saturday, August 5, 2000 in Portland,
Oregon.  Our presenting sponsor, for the second
year in a row, is Fisher Mills.  Mark your
calendars.

The event, in its fourth year, takes place in the
verdant South Park Blocks on the Portland State
University campus in downtown Portland.  The
weather should be great.  It runs simultaneously
with the Portland Farmers Market.  So, you can
sample and buy the finest artisan breads as well
as the bounty of the Pacific Northwest
summer.  We will have a wood-fired bread oven on
site along with a circuit of demonstration
stations showing the steps involved in the
creation of fine bread, from wheat to
baking.  Time is from 8:00am to 2:00
pm.  Featured guests include Peter Reinhart and
Carol Field.

As in the past, we will have bread baking classes
before and after the event.  One will be on the
preceding Friday and others on Saturday and
Sunday.  Details to follow.  Peter and Carol will
be available to sign their books and, of course,
our annual amateur bread baking contest,
sponsored by Bob's Red Mill, will be taking
place.

Our list master, Reggie Dwork, has attended as
have other participants on this list.  As they
will all tell you, this is a "cannot miss" event
for those involved or interested in the craft of
bread baking.  You may e-mail me with any
questions or comments.

On behalf of the Summer Loaf Organizing Committee
and the Portland Farmer Market board of
directors, I look forward to seeing you.

Very truly yours,

Michael C. Zusman
Evans & Zusman, P.C. Law Offices
2828 S.W. Naito Parkway, Suite 325
Portland, Oregon 97201
mailto:mikez@evanszusman.com
Phone (503) 241-5550; Fax (503) 241-5553