a.p. flour w/gluten=bread flour?

"Cindy" <phaggert@n-link.com>
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 16:17:55 -0600
v100.n024.6
Wouldn't adding gluten to all purpose flour be equivalent in protein
content as bread flour??  What kind of flour do bread bakeries use??  When
I took a 16-wk college class in bread & other baking, we used all purpose
flour for our breads.  Our chef/instructor had been educated in
Germany.  You may say that we didn't have bread flour to use, but if the
chef had thought it was necessary, he could have had it ordered.  We did
not add gluten to the breads in class; I started adding it at home.  The
college also provided cake flour.

Cindy