KAF Cinnamon Filling

"Schmitt, Barbara E." <BSchmitt@goulstonstorrs.com>
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:34:47 -0500
v100.n019.7
 >Andie Paysinger posted recently about the King Arthur Baker's Cinnamon
Filling, >so I thought I would add my 2 cents' worth.  I love King Arthur,
and think >their catalog is great.  BUT, I find a number of their fillings
and other >"mixed" ingredients contain artificial ingredients, which are
not necessarily >spelled out in the catalog (I have bought vanilla
products, only to find out >they are artificial vanilla flavor).  I am not
a natural food freak, but I do >object when I can taste the
difference.  The Cinnamon Filling is a case in >point for me; it is made
with a Crisco equivalent, and that is not the taste I >want in the middle
of my cinnamon buns -- I want REAL butter!  The package did, >however, give
me the idea of sprinkling a couple of teaspoons of water over a >cinnamon
and white sugar filling, which helps to keep it in place and keeps it >moister.

By the way, I made the cinnamon buns with the vanilla instant pudding that
were posted recently, and they were FANTASTIC
-- which is a good thing, because they make FIVE 8x8 pans!