assorted ramblings

Ruth Warren <herblady@pla-net.net>
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:56:08 -0600
v100.n015.23
Marie Lim said:
 >Earlier post said:
  >Free!
  >Bread-Baking Classes
  >
  >As part of our commitment to education, and in order to help preserve the
  >art of baking, we tour around the country offering FREE bread baking
  >classes

-----------------
Can't see that they can say that they are touring around the country when
the around doesn't make it to the West Coast.  :-)  Does the commitment to
education stop in the midWest?

We in the midwest haven't had a class and didn't complain when Reggie listed
all those classes for the past years.  Give us a break  LOL.
Seriously,I know the frustration you are experiencing. maybe they will go
out west later on in the year?

I'm looking for someone who wants to drive the 75 miles(and ahead one time
zone) to the nearest class with me. I may just go alone and contact my old
college roommate and see if I can stay overnite, as I don't do long distance
driving at nite and could attend the nite one too. Because I have to drive
thru a snow belt (Lake Michigan lake-effect snow) to get there and March is
iffy around here. None of my bread machine baking friends are enthusiastic
enough to go.

Now, Jennifer posted a recipe for "wonder bread" type for machine. In a
cleaning frenzy I deleted lots of mail a few weeks ago. Any one know where I
can find that recipe? Thanks for the e-mail Jennifer, I'm glad a 1# loaf
won't be wasted in my machine. But I need the recipe.

Ruth

                   Visit me on the web at
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/8785