emergency proofing box.

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:17:13 -0800
v100.n015.16
I ran out of room in my proofing box (proofing a bunch of
sourdough  starters)  and had to resort to an emergency procedure for my
French bread.

I took a large plastic storage (tote) bin (Staples has them cheap) lined it
with aluminum foil.  set it on a table and suspended an infrared heat lamp
about 3 feet above it. (put a thermometer in on top of the bowls holding
the dough to check that the temp remained around 90-95F).

It worked -  Now I have an idea for something to set up on a permanent basis -
I will be going out checking yard sales and used furniture places for a
metal kitchen cabinet. You know, the ugly things they had back in the 50s
and 60s.
I think I can turn one into a proofing cabinet that may even be better than
the one I have.

--
Andie Paysinger & the PENDRAGON
Basenjis,Teafer,Cheesy,Singer & Player