assorted responses

Lora Brody <Blanche007@aol.com>
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 11:35:42 EST
v100.n013.4
 >From: "Fredericka S Cohen" <COHENFS@prodigy.net>>
 >Subject: latest e-mail
 >Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 05:54:17 -0500

 >Is it possible to add raisins to any bread recipe without changing any
 >of the other ingredients? If not, how would one alter the ingredients?

I would cut back on the sugar and make sure not to knead the raisins in any
longer than necessary because as soon as they start breaking up they release
sugar which will eventually shut down the yeast.  You can add raisins to any
bread recipe - I would suggest doing it by hand (just pull the dough out of
the machine after the final knead cycle and before the final rise, pat the
dough into a rough rectangle, sprinkle with raisins, roll up and coil into a
ball that will fit back in the machine.

 >From: Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
 >Subject: "walking mixers"
 >Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:24:21 -0800
 >Re: walking mixer

This isn't a solution, just a funny story.  My first bread machine was a
walking DAK.  It was so bad I had to use it on the floor, otherwise it would
march right off the counter. My dog Blanche (a large cream colored standard
poodle) learned to wait until the machine had finished it's cool down cycle,
then she would lift the lid and eat the top of the loaf.  Took me a while to
figure out it wasn't something the machine was causing.

 >From: Jjnjjacobs@aol.com
 >Subject: Cinnamon rolls
 >Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 05:24:59 EST

Re: cinnamon rolls: there's a really great recipe on my website:
www.lorabrody.com.

 >From: SloSherri@aol.com
 >Subject: Ratio of flour to fluids in bread making
 >Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:11:58 EST

Have you ever checked out the Bread Baker's Guild Web Site? www.bbga.org.
They have archives of their newsletters and I'm sure you can find (among
other great information) the answer to your question.

 >From: Diane Degermanjian <dd2mrom@moa.net>
 >Subject: Pizza on the barbecue
 >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:21:39 -0500

I find that if you oil both sides of the dough just before placing in on the
grill you can put it right on the (very clean) rack.  I have the toppings
ready, grill on side for  2-3 minutes or until the dough looks dry, flip it
over, add the toppings, then close the grill and cook for another 3-4
minutes.  It's important to make the pizzas small so that they are easy to
handle.