Dancing Mixers

Frank.Yuhasz@pentairpump.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:15:00 -0500
v100.n011.19
Ed Okie made some fine suggestions about remedying dancing mixers, and I
have a couple points to add.

Dirty feet can allow a machine to dance, even if the feet are level.  If
the rubber feet get dusty (somehow, flour sneaks under), the dirt acts like
ball bearings and can allow the machine to dance.  Have a helper lift the
machine (in the case of a KitchenAid mixer or a Cuisinart food processor),
and wipe off the feet and the counter with a damp cloth, every so often.

Rather than using paper or plastic for shims, I would suggest attaching a
piece of rubber, be it a washer, small gasket, a snip of a jar-opener mat,
or rubber roofing.  Rubber will "grab" the counter more securely than
smooth materials.

One would think manufacturers would provide an adjustable leg as a matter
of course.  I believe the only appliances I have that have an adjustable
leg are my Dualit toaster and my range!

Carolyn Dandalides