Re: Digest bread-bakers.v100.n005

Nora Rubinoff <mondi@choice.net>
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 08:15:23 -0500
v100.n011.5
On Sun, 02 Jan 2000 15:59:52 -0600  Erin Nesmith wrote asking about
sourdough starters.  Forgive me if someone else has already mentioned the
following link by Brian Dixon, but it is one of my favorite references for
helping starters "in need":

ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.answers/food/sourdough/starters

Also, here is a link for a bread recipe by Gaye Levy which I've made
several times with great success.
http://recipes.wenzel.net/s/sourest_sourdough.html

I have also found that a *few* drops of rice wine vinegar into the dough
mixture helps if I feel I need a bit more sour flavor.  Do NOT put the
vinegar into your original starter or starter jar as that will contaminate it.

Hope these help!

--
Nora Rubinoff
Cincinnati, Ohio