For the breadboard: Re: Starter too watery?

jillmyers1@juno.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:43:14 -0800
v100.n009.11
Your starter is too watery?  Needs to grow for while....
 > Add more flour and leave it out on the counter.  When you stick it back
in the frige it retards growth.  We used to put the bakers  racks back in
the walk-in to slow the raising to time it for the ovens to be available.
  Can't have everything rise at the same time or you got  lotsa
over-inflated now-what-am-I-gonna-do-with-this-stuff to deal with.  ( I
had 5 ovens to work with at Alpha-Beta/ Ralphs and I forget I only have the
old dinosaur here at home at times!  ut-oh!  lol  & the convection oven was
a lotta laffs too.  ; }Frozen dough product has a different requirement
than freshly made dough.)

 >  Didja know when your bread gets over raised you can pound it down, cut
 > it in half, add some warm water and flour and it'll come back up for
ya?
 > That just means that the amount of yeast has exceeded the proportion of
 > available 'feeding flour to hold the shape and make an acceptible
 > product.  We always threw it away... makes ya sick thinkin about the
 > WASTE!!!  We'd have to take the outdated bread 3 days- gets chucked
out- to the dumpster and we hadda throw it in the trash.  There'd be
someone in there getting food?!! I neverfelt so humbled in my life!!!  WE
WEREN'T ALLOWED TO GIVE IT TO THEM EITHER!  So I'd just leave the cart
out there if I could and hope they'd find the pastries and breads and
stuff.  I still feel ashamed of the company being that way.  Puts a lump
in my throat just thinkin about it.
Guy came in wanting to know when we were throwing the 'good stuff' out?!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.