Re: YelloFinch Sally Lunn for ABM v100.n004

Joni Repasch <jrepasch@wt.infi.net>
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:11:15 -0500
v100.n006.22
Carol,

Here is one recipe I got from a friend of mine.  Please note, Gyspy also
posted a ABM recipe for Sally Lunn the middle of December.

The method was not included and I know so little about bread machines,
can't give you any advice on that. Hopefully, someone on list might make a
suggestion.

To the Editors: Hope format below meets requirements. If not, let me know
and I'll do this again.

The ingredients for (1) small machines (2) medium machines (3) large
capacity machines.

Sally Lunn (bread machine recipe from Williams Sonoma)

A very rich, European tasting bread.  The eggs give it lots of terrific
taste and color.  Tradition says that a young Englishwoman, Sally Lunn,
sold this bread on the streets of Bath. Most bread cookbooks contain a
version of this, which attests to its wonderful flavor.  This is one of
those breads which will never last to see leftovers.  Note that this is a
very high rising loaf.  Use less yeast than normal and do not decrease salt
amount. (Williams-Sonoma)

Ingredients    Small            Medium          Large

milk           2 Tbs            2-1/2 Tbs       1/4 cup
water          1/4 cup          1/3 cup         1/2 cup
margarine      3-1/2 Tbs        4-1/2 Tbs       7 Tbs
  (or butter)
eggs           1-1/2            2               3

salt           3/4 tsp          1 tsp           1-1/2 tsp
sugar          2 Tbs            2-1/2 Tbs       1/4 cup
bread flour    1-1/2 cups       2 cups          3 cups
yeast          1/2 tsp          3/4 tsp         2 tsp (or 1 pkg)

Joni Repasch