Various, sundry, and all that (Was: Re: Soy Flour, etc.)

ptj <gypsy-witch@rocketmail.com>
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 10:03:12 -0800 (PST)
v100.n004.12
 > Gypsy, thanks for you submission of the Sally Lunn recipe. It's one
 > of my favorite breads and so few people make it anymore. Will try your
 > recipe soon and see how it compares with mine.  If you should like to
 > try the one I've used for years let me know and I'll post it here.

Joni, thanks. I'm always in the market for a new Sally Lunn recipe. My
husband does a comedy routine about what a lousy cook his mother was, but
he always gets serious about her Sally Lunn. While I did manage to make
something that worked for him, we like to try new versions and see how much
we can improve on it....

On another topic, does anyone on this list recognize the brand name
"Amoroso" rolls? I may have misheard the brand; it's apparently from
Philadelphia or environs. The person who was crowing about these rolls said
that anyone who's ever tasted them knows how wonderful they are and he
pleaded with me to find a recipe because they are not available outside
their local region. It might have been something like "Amagoso" but I
recognize the word "amoroso" and so suspect it's something close to that.
(I'm trying to convince him to have a relative ship him a few, but he also
says that once they're more than a day or two old they're stale and not
worth the trouble...)

blessings

gypsy

=====
Visit Hearthstone Community Church on the Web at
http://www.cats-cradle.com/hearthstone/index.html

"For dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return"--betwixt and between,
a drink comes in handy. (Yiddish proverb)