Patent Durham Flour

john <dienst@usit.net>
Mon, 03 Jan 2000 15:20:21 -0600
v100.n002.13
Does any one here have experience using Patent Duram Flour?  I have several
recipes that call for it but have not found a local distributor for small
quantities.  An Amish market near us can order it reasonabley priced but it
comes in 50lb bags ($11.25).  King Arthur carries it for about the same
price (5lbs, when you add shipping) as the larger bags.  My question is:
is there that much difference in taste or crumb using the specialty flour.
I want to try it but don't want to have to buy 50 lbs and throw half or
more of it out.