Low carbohydrate breads

"DeCarlo,John A." <jdecarlo@mitre.org>
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 07:58:51 -0500
v099.n068.21
Hello,

Forgive me if this is a common question.

For people on a low carbohydrate diet (Atkins, Protein Power, etc.), a
basic guideline is to give up bread.  Bread tends to be mostly
carbohydrates and very little protein or fat in comparison.

However, I know that this varies.  Soybeans are high in protein and soy
flour could be used to create reduced carbohydrate breads or muffins or the
like.  Cheese, bacon, etc. could also help.

So, before I go too far in trying to figure this out on my own, I would
appreciate any information you can give me on this subject.

Thank you and enjoy the holidays.

--
John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:  jdecarlo@mitre.org