Kitchen Aide vs. Cuisinart vs. Hand kneading

Lobo <lobo119@worldnet.att.net>
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:54:39 -0700
v099.n067.12
Frank writes:

 >what I should do to be more consistently successful with the KA.  I hope
 >they offer their responses, because I'm interested to hear them.  Right now
 >I use my KA for cakes and cookie mixes and making meringues.

I bought a KA about 4 years ago because age was creeping in and kneading
bread made my hands and wrists sore.  I bake 4 loaves at a time and soon
learned that I couldn't knead them in the KA all at once.

I mix up the liquid ingredients, shortening, salt, sugar and a portion of
the flour in the KA.  Then I pour out half of it, add flour and let the KA
knead the remaining portion.  That then goes into a big bowl, the other
half goes into the KA to get its flour and kneading.

Kind of a pain and you get an extra bowl dirty, but it works.  Two loaves
is definitely the limit and sometimes they "creep" up the shaft if they're
on the big side.